USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inheritance gone? Father's will was not notarized...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inheritance gone? Father's will was not notarized...

Years ago my father gave me his will (which was not notarized. he said it wasn't necessary.) The will stipulates that his estate was to be divided equally between my sister and me.

The Present: My father is now feeble, resulting from a stroke last year. His ex-wife moved back in and is now taking care of him. They are not remarried. However, they have merged their bank accounts. Is my inheritance gone? Do I have any legal recourse? Would there be any chances if I were to sue her after he is gone?

Thanks in advance, Eric

re: Inheritance gone? Father's will was not notarized...

What do you mean? She basically has no rights based on what you say here.

Comment

What I'm asking is: With the merging of accounts, does that make their money "community" property?

Comment

Ooops, I forgot to login for the last reply/question. So, that one was me.

Comment

No--not if it is his ex-wife.

But those accounts should be separated to avoid having to figure out whose money is whose. Tell that to Dad and hope he will do so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X