USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STICKY SITUATION - ARE WE TOTALLY EXCLUDED FROM THE WILL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STICKY SITUATION - ARE WE TOTALLY EXCLUDED FROM THE WILL?

My mom and dad got divorced when i was 4 and my sister was 5 years of age. We had a relationship with our father for a few years till he remarried and had one other child. We were distant for about 20 years. About 7 years ago, my sister and i contacted our dad because we had children and wanted him to know his grandkids. My sister, myself, our husbands, and children have had a relationship for about 7 years now with our dad/wife/and other daughter. Last time seeing him on Christmas/06. Recently, it seems that he is being distant from us again for some unknown reason. My sister and i were wondering when he passes away does his wife and other child get everything in the will. My sister was first born then myself, and then his other daugter. Are we totally excluded because everything goes to his wife? and then she decides who gets what. How does that work. Or can we fight it in court? We are just afraid that he did not put us in the will at all. And if there is any recourse on the matter. God forbid when he passes.

re: STICKY SITUATION - ARE WE TOTALLY EXCLUDED FROM THE WILL?

he generally can make the will however he wants...

Comment

Thank you for your reply. BUT, does this mean that we could not fight the will at all. We are his daughters too. Thanks

Comment

You would have to show he was not competent or he was unable to understand what he was doing etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X