No announcement yet.

Desceased Father w/ No Will

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Desceased Father w/ No Will

    Father died 16 ys ago at young age and did not leave a will. He and my mother had just divorced. His side of the family cut off contact w/ us. (me, my brother and sister). Last year we recieved a bunch of stock certificates that my dad had purchased thru his long time employment w/ HP, from a lawyer. my uncle had had them and tried to cash them in, but the lawyer said they were legally ours and sent them to us. There are more of them and who nows what else that side of the family has as well. How do i go about filing a probate so thaty me, sis, and bro can legally inherit what dad did leave lying around???? Do i have to spend $$ on a lawyer or can i do this myself???

  • #2
    Re: Desceased Father w/ No Will

    You can try to get them to voluntarily cooperate; but if they will not do so then you will need counsel.

    If you want lawyers to intervene, you may email World Law Direct using the private "Ask An Attorney" web question form on the home page. Click HOME at the very top of this page. They will further discuss with you.
    Or you may click "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.