Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate -- A family member is the executor of my grandfathers will

A family member is the executor of my grandfathers will in which I am named a beneficiary. I have asked to receive copies of all bank information and receipts for all expenses. I have been told by the executor, I am not entitled. Is this true? If not, how am I able to obtain the information. I have been told by another beneficiary, that a joint checking account which held a significant amount of money, had been cashed, the day after my grandfathers death, and closed, by the person on the acct., who just so happens to be the executor of his will. This person was only on the account to write out bills. No contribution was ever made by anyone, other than my grandfather. There are persons named in the will that live in Europe. How am I able to find out if any of the money has been dispersed to them by the executor, who refuses to speak to me, since my request. I am not aware if any monies were received from Social Security, or if there was any insurance policies. The executor has also put monies into the house with out consulting anyone. At present I am not representated by an attny.

re: Estate -- A family member is the executor of my grandfathers will

The executor normally must give you a full accounting of the estate, and provide it to the court as well. You can file with the court for fraud or to have them removed if they will not do so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X