USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will/life insurance please help. How do I file with the court?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will/life insurance please help. How do I file with the court?

#1 My Grandmother passed away in November 2006. Her guardian and "trustee of the estate" wrote a letter to my Father on November 15, 2006 stating that he was going to file for probate of my Grandmother's will and be appointed the distributer of the estate. I have contacted the courthouse and was told that their was no probate only that a small estate was filed and that he (her guardian) recieved the check. They also said that there was no will on file. I contacted my Grandmother's lawyer and was told by him that he filed the will and that I need to contact him - trustee. I have a copy of the will although I know it has been updated . I did ask the lawyer for a copy and he told me he couldn't do that because it was in storage.

#2 The trustee works for this insurance co. I called the company and asked if they sold life insurance. They do so I asked if my Grandmother had a policy with them. She does with Southwest. The lady on the phone also said to me " I thought Earl was handling that." I called Southwest I was informed that he - trustee was the benificiary on several policies.

I have my Grandmother's will from 1997 it is very detailed. he has been her guardian for the past couple of years. Our Grandparents left that money for us it's in the will. Can anything be done?

re: Will/life insurance please help. How do I file with the court?

You can always file in court if you suspect fraud or duress or any conflict of interest type transactions. A full audit and accounting can be demanded.

Comment

How do I file with the court?

Comment

You will normally want a lawyer to help if you are going to challenge it in court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X