Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am the executor of my dead father's estate.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the executor of my dead father's estate.

I am the executor of my dead father's estate. The estate includes a mobile home which my brother has lived in (with no lease) since before my father passed away.

The rent is paid through disbursements paid by me each month.

The problem is that my brother is addicted to methamphetamines. I would like to evict him and rent the mobile home out to someone who would actually pay money. Can I legally evict him for engaging in illegal activity, and are there legal ramifications to me for allowing illegal activity to be engaged in in a property owned by the estate? The estate is in New Mexico.

re: I am the executor of my dead father's estate.

You can evict him for illegal acts. You cannot aid him but are not liable solely because he is doing it.

Comment

I made him take a drug test. He took someone else's urine,so he flunked. Is that enough proof that he is doing drugs in the mobile home? Do I need more proof?

Comment

That is but you may still have to file in court

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X