Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find Dad's worth? There was no will.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find Dad's worth? There was no will.

Hi,
    I have a question regarding estate. My Dad was paranoid and stingy, though he made real good money. In the mid-80's the railroad paid him off to retire early. He already had money in the bank at that time.

Without going into too many details, he died and all his money ( which no one seemed to know for sure how much he actually had, or where he was hiding it, especially not Mom) nothing seemed to turn up, except for a small life insurance policy for the grandkids. The favored daughter was the only one who new about this life insurance policy, and where it was.
    My question is really is there any way to find out how much he was worth at one time before he died? There was no will. I suspect he told that same sibling what account his money was at, but she just 'absorbed' it. If I could just find out how much he had at one time, even if it's not possible to track where it is now, that would be good enough. Any suggestions. Mom is willing to go along with my efforts. He died in 2002. I do not have alot of funds for lawyers, but could swing a little. What can I do?

re: How to find Dad's worth? There was no will.

See if this article below gives some ideas. You can also then email [email protected] and the lawyers can discuss options for direct involvement as well if you wish--they would surely be happy to help.

http://www.worldlaw.eu/article/1077

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X