Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father passed away, do I have the right? - Alberta, Canada

I am located in BC Canada and this question is in relation to a death that occured in the Province of Alberta Canada

My father passed away 2 years ago and at the time of his death there was no will, nor any monetary or real estate value to his estate. There was nothing left behind for myself nor my brother.
    There was one insurance policy in and around the amount of 110K that was found with the named beneficary of his Ex Wife whom had been divorced from my father for 4 years prior to his death, he was convicted of sexual offences which catalyzed the motion of divorce. Apparently at the time of his death this policy was dispered to her, she chose not to offer any of this amount to us as his children.
    I just now, 2 years later, received correspondence that there is a policy in excess of 50K with a named beneficiary, the Ex Wife, whom the policy holder has been uable locate. This policy has been listed as revokable.

Am I within bounds to proceed in obtaining councel to attempt to capture this policy amount?

Thanking you for your time and insights.

re: My father passed away, do I have the right? - Alberta, Canada

I don't see how you will be able to get it.

The policy holder is not going to change the beneficiary...unless she is dead, truly vanished, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
    X