Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trust vs. marriage

texas. my common law spouse set up a trust. i had always assumed he would leave most everything to me. i expected him to leave his 3 grown children something, but was suprised to find out that he had split everything equally. does this mean i have to sell the house that is in his name and split it with his kids? what about the car? do i have to sell it and split it with the kids. i have nothing against his kids, but i thought that we would take care of each other in old age. i'm 22 years younger than him and i assumed that i would take physical care of him when the time came. i also thought that if he lost his money i would be the one to take care of us financially. i have lived like i am poor for all these years, because i thought that i was helping him save for our future. he makes good money, but he makes us share a ten year old car. my only clothes are walmart and target sweats, jeans and t-shirts. i try to pay for most things out of my pay check so that i don't use his money. this has been difficult, because we both work for an airline and one of us has to be home to take care of our small son. i pay several hundred dollars a month to get rid of trips so that i can stay home with our son. all i made last year was $10,000 and i spent a great deal of that on paying people to take my trips for me. i haven't had any extra money to put in my own 401k. what is up with this? what can i do?

Re: trust vs. marriage

You thought a lot of things, and real life doesn't go so smoothly.

You're 22 years younger than your husband? That either implies gold digger or someone with serious daddy issues, or perhaps both. You assume a lot when you "thought" you would outlive him. Life changes in an instant and you could die tomorrow and he could live another 20 years. Don't ever assume.

His trust is made and in cannot be messed with. The only person who can change it is your husband. His decision to leave his children everything equally is a good choice, considering they will always be lifelong legacy, blood related, and they should ALWAYS come before anyone else, including new spouses.

How are you aware of his Trust and what it entails? Did he show you?

What do you mean you "got rid of trips", but had "someone else take trips for you"? Are you high?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X