Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles California- Probate question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles California- Probate question.

My ex-husbands estate has been in Probate for over two years in L.A. Superior Court and is currently in pending status. Following his death, I lost my vehicle, which was awarded to me in our divorce one year prior, but remained financed by him. When he died, his family stopped the payments and the car was repossessed. They then retrieved the car, and sold it. I am aware that it is long past the 4 month time period, in which I had to file a claim against the estate. What I would like to know is this- Is there a possibility that the estate is in pending status,because of this very issue? I read something in the California probate code- I think in section 850 (2) -about when a descendant dies holding title to real property that is claimed to belong to another. If this applies to my situation, isn't there a three or four year time period that allows a person to file against an estate? I appreciate any advice. I don't have enough money for an attorney. Thank you

Re: Los Angeles California- Probate question.

If the vehicle was awarded to you in the divorce, his family had no business interfering with that.

This really has less to do with probate and the divorce decree.

Do you know who is the Executor of your ex husband's estate, if he died intestate or with a will?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X