Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife disagrees with will

I am remarried after 25 years of marriage. We have been married now for 8 years. I have two children (over 18) and she has 3 children (over 18). We have no children together. I came into the marriage with $20 K of new furniture. She came with $1 K of possessions. We both work full time. I make $30 K and she makes $20 K annually.

I approached her about needing a will for the distribution of our assets upon our demise.

She wants our combined possessions split equally between the five children.

I feel that our possessions should be split 50/50 between her side and mine.

This is a touchy subject with her. The mere mention of splitting everything 50/50 between her side and mine results in severe anger. I can't even offer the example that, "If I had 10 children and she had 1, would her reasoning be fair for equal division of property between the 11 kids?"

Before i sit down with an attoreney for preperation of our will, should I expect him to side with me or her?

Thank you for any and all advice.

Re: Wife disagrees with will

Both methods are used and agreed upon--the lawyer will want you two to agree.

Many people do divide marital assets and income earned during marriage equally among the children...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X