Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate No Will North Carolina

My Mother recently died in a nursing home in North Carolina on Medicaid. She owned a house with no one elses name on it except her deceased husbands. She did not have a will. There is considerable confusion as to what to do about this two of my brothers think we have to go through probate and one of my brother's who actually lives in the house that she owns thinks that it would be ok to leave it in her name as long as we pay the taxes and he said he went to the courthouse in the county which the house was located Cherokee County NC and they told him it was ok and it is ok to not go through probate but my other two brothers think it is illegal to do that. I would like to know is that legal or not and what should our next steps be. I hope I made this clear enough. Sorry this is so long. Thank you.

Re: Probate No Will North Carolina

You do need to change title on it, and normally through probate.

Your local probate court will have forms and instructions. And they will help direct you. and/or you can briefly consult local counsel as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X