How much time for will to be executed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time for will to be executed?

Is there a time frame in which the will has to be executed? Thank you.

What do you mean...time after creation or what?

Comment

Alright, let's say that I titled my home in my name as well as my sons name so in case something happens to me they can't take my home. I create a will and in it I state that I want my house/land to be sold and the profits to be divided among my children when I die. How long do they have to carry out my will once I die? Does the house have to be sold immeadiatly or can my son sit on it for a while and decide to sell it when ever he wants to since the house is titled in his name? How long does my family have from when I die to execute the will? Is there a time limit on it at all? Thank you.

Comment

Re: How much time for will to be executed?

Can someone answer this as I need an answer to this question too. Thanks.

Comment

In general there is no time frame for a will is to be executed and it depends on situations. If there is any dispute or the executor causes any unreasonable delay for the execution of the will then a court order upon the matter will decide the time period for the execution of the will. If the home is titled in both of you and your son then you can make will only on your portion and only that portion is subject for apportionment as per the will.

Comment

Creditors and others sometimes force the matter along but if nobody is pushing it, it can linger surprisingly long periods.

That is another reason it is good to have a competent executor pre-arranged.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X