USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Dad needs to stop driving

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dad needs to stop driving

    There is no way our 83-year-old father will willingly give up driving, but everyone in the family agrees he should. He drives so poorly that he is not safe on the road. He has an extensive speeding ticket history. He will get new keys made or buy a new car if we take either of these away. He is not incompetent in any other way, nor does he have any medical issues such as eyesight or Alzheimer's disease. But he is a danger to himself and others on the road, and it is getting worse every year.

    We want to get his license revoked BEFORE the worst happens. How do we go about that process?

  • #2
    Re: Dad needs to stop driving

    Take him to the DMV and have them test him.


    • #3
      Re: Dad needs to stop driving

      I found out that you can report concerns such as this to the DMV, who are under no obligation to take any action whatsoever. However they generally will retest the driver at the request of a relative, friend, caregiver, vision specialist or other person. I found a form for doing this in the state of California online at I sent in the form and letter of concern to Dad's doctor, asking the doctor to also submit a form. It is a first step at the very least. If this doesn't get him out from behind the wheel, we'll have to do something else.


      • #4
        Re: Dad needs to stop driving

        Let us know how it goes!


        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

        Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

        widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.