Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a child support order determine legal custody?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a child support order determine legal custody?

State: Florida

Does a child support order determine legal custody?

Re: Does a child support order determine legal custody?

I wish to inform you that child support order only determines amount of child support to be paid by one parent to another. In case of child custody a child custody order from court is required to determine which parent will keep child. In some circumstance there may be a single order from court in which it may determine both the issues. Hence child support order may not determine child custody unless court order state in it which parent will keep child.

AFF

Comment

No, they are separate issues. Keep in mind legal custody (usually 50/50) is not the same as physical custody.

Comment

It is only an interim order and it is not final as any party can bring an amendment based on the situation. So a child custody is not determined by a support order.

Comment

A support order simply attempts to balance out the inequity of expenses in raising children. It is entirely separate from custody. It is possible for a person to only have occasional visitation and receive support if the income disparity is very extreme.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

No, they are separate issues.

Comment

Can I lose visitation over a child support payment issue? Or are they 2 separate things?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X