USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contempt of court... how do I file myself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contempt of court... how do I file myself?

I am divorced and my ex is to pay me money each month, it's been a yr since my divorce and he has only paid twice. I can't afford an attorney , how do I file myself to the courts in Texas ?

Re: Contempt of court... how do I file myself?

You file a motion to show cause. You can find ones online or at the courthouse to copy the format (using your names and cause number).

I would strongly urge you to look into having a lawyer file for you.

Is this for child support or spousal support?

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may obtain a copy of the forms from the office of the Clerk of Court or download them online. You may complete them, file them in the Court Registry and serve filed copy on the other party. You may file petition for Contempt of Court proceedings. You may seek guidance from the Pro Se department of the Court or read the Guide for self represented litigants on the Website of the Court. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Tlw588 View Post
        I am divorced and my ex is to pay me money each month, it's been a yr since my divorce and he has only paid twice. I can't afford an attorney , how do I file myself to the courts in Texas ?
        If your income qualifies you for representation by Legal Aid, you might apply there first.

The motion would be a "Show Cause Why ___Doe Should Not be Held in Contempt"
        for failure to pay, of course, pursuant to the order of the court. It needs to be accompanied by sworn affidavit which includes the date of his last payment and how far behind he is.

When contempt is found, I might add that the moving party is entitled to attorneys fees.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X