•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shae
    replied
    Re: I am 17 and want to move out; They are treating me horribly

i guess there really is no better solution to just waiting it sounds like..

Leave a comment:

• shae
    replied

okay well thank you. and even if the money is coming from the death of my mom?? and i wouldnt live with anyone. well i pretty much buy all my food and clothes. yeah they give me shelter, obviously, but they yell at me all the time. like literally everyday i come home they yell at me for something. they tell me my moms death is my fault, which i know it wasnt, but hearing stuff like that is just hard to take in after awhile. and now my stepmom is turning my dad even more against me and i can never feel at peace with either one. i just dont know if i can last the 6 months. silly as that sounds i cant say it any other way. im not just some stupid teenager who is ignorant to the world, but i do need some advice. i realize about how much money i would have to provide for myself and i can provide it. its just my age.

Leave a comment:

• Disagreeable
    replied

Your problem is SS will not go to you if you run away. Texas will likely not chase you to hard. They could prosecute any adults who harbor you.

Leave a comment:

• sandyclaus
    replied

Originally posted by shae View Post
    I am turn 18 in 6 months and I know it would be best to just wait it out... but my dad and stepmom are treating me horribly, and I just can not handle it. My mom died a few years ago and now I have to live with him. I just can't do it. Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can go to live? My dad also says he will not let me leave and I have to do everything he says..
    What do you mean, they are treating you horribly? Do they provide you with food? Clothing? A place to sleep? Do they not allow you to have a social life? Aren't letting you date? What exactly is it that they do (or don't do) that is so horrible that you feel the only solution is to leave home and live on your own?

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

I live in Texas and have a job. And currently recieving social security income. and i have quite a bit saved as well. my grades are As and Bs. they always have been.

Leave a comment:

• Lexus
    replied
    re: I am 17 and want to move out; They are treating me horribly

A 17 year old is not an adult and is, therefore, subject to the legal control of his parents. However, if you are treated badly by the parents, then what you can do is simply report the situation to Children's Protective Services. They should be able to provide shelter for you until you turn 18.

Leave a comment:

• Disagreeable
    replied

Where are you? Do you have a job? income? savings? grades?

Leave a comment:

• shae
    replied

i turn*

Leave a comment:

• I am 17 and want to move out; They are treating me horribly

I am turn 18 in 6 months and I know it would be best to just wait it out... but my dad and stepmom are treating me horribly, and I just can not handle it. My mom died a few years ago and now I have to live with him. I just can't do it. Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can go to live? My dad also says he will not let me leave and I have to do everything he says..
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X