USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help me get my son back from foster care!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me get my son back from foster care!

Last June I was going through a very difficult time as I had been severely abused and neglected as a child by my biological parents and both sets of adopted families. I was severely depressed as I had recently found out to what extent I had been abused and on the verge of an emotional breakdown. Because of the stress of my situation I also became very sick and was unable to take care of myself and my boys. I was in and out of the hospital going through multiple tests but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong and couldn't figure out what I was in so much pain. Because of this I missed work multiple times and lost my job, my apartment and my car. My oldest sons behavior had been out of control for quite sometime and I had gone with him through multiple tests trying to figure out what was going on with him, he was eventually diagnosed with severe ADHD,integrated sensory processing disorder and possible aspburgers syndrome. Being I was a single mom with no support system, I did the only thing I could do at the time to make sure my son was taken care of. I placed him in foster care at the recommendations of human services until I could get better and get back on my feet. At first things went ok I was able to see my son unsupervised whenever I wanted to. I obtained a ft job again and bought a nice mobile home for my boys and I and was told my son could come home soon and we were working towards reunification in December. This was October at the time so I was excited. But then I started noticing bruising , black eyes, welts and scrapes on my son each time I picked him up. Also his very un kept appearance and dirty, stinky stained up clothing. I asked the foster parents what had happened to my son and they would make up bogus stories that didn't match the marks I was seeing on my son or the stories he told me and others about his foster mom beating him. I know children fall down and get bruised up playing but the marks I saw on my son didn't look accidental it looked more and more like abuse and neglect each time not just to me but to my fiancé and my family and friends. The last straw was when we picked my son up for a 24 hour visit from his foster home and we noticed he couldn't sit right in his car seat. So once we got home we asked my son what had happened and he told us his foster mom had beat him with a stick and he hurt all over and didn't want to go back there I was very angry at this point and I had my son strip down and show me his body. He was right his legs, butt and lower back and neck were covered in big red welts, hand prints and nail marks and my sons little body was literly beat red from the beating he endured. Trying to stay calm and not wanting to blow things out of proportion I called my friend Amy over for her opinion on what she thought had happened to my son and looked at him and talked to my son and immediately told me to call the police and report the abuse of my son by his foster parents. When I called them they said I would need to bring my son to them because he was placed in a different county from where i lived and refused to come to my home. Not having the gas to take him we could only do a phone report. Then the next next day we took him to the er and had him examined by a doctor she confirmed that the marks on my son matched up with his story and she said she believed he was being abused. After that I contacted the social worker voicing my concerns on my sons safety multiple times and she told me that I needed to bring my son back to his foster parents and they would investigate the allegations. Now my fiancé took pictures of my sons body showing the abuse but the social worker refused to look at them and investigate she also told the judge that we fabricated the abuse and the pictures and had the judge terminate my visitation of my son because I had acted inappropriately when I yelled at her for not removing my son from the home to protect him. Yes I got volatile with her because I was concerned for my sons safety and well being and what made it worse was my own personal experience being abused by my foster and adoptive families. The judge granted her request pending a psychological exam. I was devastated that was Last November and I have been working on all my conditions in order to see my son I'm in counseling,put myself in counseling for my PTSD,major depression, and borderline personality disorder as a result of the severe abuse I endured throughout my childhood. I'm also in parenting classes, maintaining contact with the worker and now because my phony psychological exam says because I was abused I'm more likely to abuse my children I'm still not allowed to see my son. Even though I've been cooperating and doing everything I need to do to get him back. I don't have much money and can't afford an attorney to help me. Is there anyone out there that will help me bring my son home safe to me? I never did anything to hurt or neglect him and that's been proven. I miss my son so much and finally am ready to bring him home. Please Help!

Re: please help me get my son back from foster care!

It is unlikely you will be able to find a free legal office that will waste their resources fighting childrens services.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may file a motion to vacate the judgment. You may show to the court all the facts of the situation. You may present the photographs and your counselling reports in evidence. You may also provide evidence through Amy and your fiance of the abuse caused to your son in the foster home. You may also approach the religious leaders or the social workers to give testimony in your support. You may seek guidance from Legal Aid. The court always considers the best interests of the child. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

You need to set up a video camera let the social worker know that you are recording everything when they visit otherwise you will not be able to use that in court also take all of your evidence Dr.report,police reports,proof of all of the classes you have taken,and always be polite when in front of the judge and another thing never ever get child services involved in your life they are not there to protect children they are there to tear families apart that is how they make their paychecks send your child to a trusted friend join a church build up a support system so that you and your children have someone that you can trust Good Luck!

Comment

Legal Aid has represented people against the State numerous times in custody/deprivation of parental rights/foster care situations.

I strongly suggest you apply to Legal Aid for their help.

Also, you may have a civil rights action here, a tort claim against the state for what you say is abuse of your child, providing you have documentation such as doctor reports, photos, the child's account. There are attorneys who represent people in tort claims against the state, civil rights actions -- another avenue for you to pursue to get the help you need.

Comment

You have a right to formally request the return of your son from foster care. For this you should clearly state the reasons with evidence as to why your son should not be kept in foster care. Show the evidence in court. Further, if the child is being abused then you need to report that to CPS immediately and let them investigate the situation in detail. You should seek counsel immediately to ensure the safety of your son. See if there is a legal aid office in your area that may represent you.

Comment

How can we as parents get together to create laws to proctect the family unit, our dignity, proctection from harrasments of strangers and authorities, ability to stand up for ourselves without a lawyer? I am in!!!!!

Comment

That boat sailed 80 years ago.

Originally posted by justice37 View Post
                How can we as parents get together to create laws to proctect the family unit, our dignity, proctection from harrasments of strangers and authorities, ability to stand up for ourselves without a lawyer? I am in!!!!!
                Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X