X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's mother adopted my friend's little girl

AZ
    My friend's mother adopted my friend's little girl and my friend regrets this now--and the mother has cut all contact with the little girl.

What can my friend do, can she cancel the adoption or something similar? or anything? I feel so bad for her. She (my friend) was only 21 when the adoption occurred.

Adoptions are generally "forever." Only under rare circumstances can they be reversed. That this apparently happened a while ago makes it even more difficult. Your friend should consult an attorney who has experience in adoption reversal and she should, obviously, be prepared to spend many thousands on the attorney and court.

Comment

But you can still ask for visitation. A judge may grant it -- but be aware that you unfortunately now have no absolute right to visitation.

KT

Comment

Thank you for the responses.

She does not want to spend thousands without fully understanding what would lie ahead. Hence all of this research.
        But she may do it as she now has a very solid, stable job and her life is 100% changed.
        The while situation is so tragic. I wish I could do more to help her but I realize my role is limited of course.

Comment

When was the adoption?

Why did your friend give up her child?

Where is the child's father?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)