USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Changing Name To My New Baby

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing Name To My New Baby

    I need to change the first name of my son. after I give
    birth we singing at the hospital on his birth certificate and on
    the way home we decided to change the name, what in need to
    1.What form I need to apply?
    2.What is the best and fest way to do this because I need to fly with him and I want to
    do his passport.
    3.How long this process tack?
    4.Can I do It on my on? I don't have the money to tack a lawyer at this time...(I'm in Los Angeles, California)

    Thank you,

  • #2
    Re: Changing Name To My New Baby

    I wish to inform you that laws of state of California will govern your name change process. In this regard generally you can file a petition in court for change of name and have court order regarding change of name. As both the parents agree thus you will have to publish the Order to Show Cause for Change of Name in a newspaper. If the court finds that it would be best for your child to change his or her name, then you will get a court decree changing your child’s name.



    • #3
      Re: Changing Name To My New Baby

      You must complete the required forms and make sure that both parents are in agreement and informed of the pending name change. The process of the changing a child's first name can be done in as little as one month with no complications. If you are doing the petition yourself, you will need to have the correct forms to complete the process and have the name changed granted by the judge. Complete form NC-100, which is the Petition for Change of Name. Fill out form NC-110, which is the Attachment to Petition that must be completed as an attachment to form NC-100. Print out the NC-130 form and submit this form to the clerk, who will complete it and have it submitted to the judge at the hearing. Prepare the form CM-010, which is the civil case cover letter. Complete the form NC-120, which is the Order to Show Cause. This form is taken to the local newspaper for publication. Attend the court hearing when scheduled. You will need to take along the publishing affidavit that you get from the newspaper and the NC-121 form, which is proof that you served the other parent.


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.