Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move out at age 18 in Arkansas?

I will be 18 in May and i was wondering if I could move out while still in high school. My legal guardian said I could not and I was wondering if this is true.

Re: Can I move out at age 18 in Arkansas?

That depends on why they were made your legal guardian. How do you plan on paying for anything? If you are receiving SS it will not automatically continue and default to you.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

My dad lives in California and can not take care of me because of his health conditions. I have a job and practically pay for everything of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle View Post
        I will be 18 in May and i was wondering if I could move out while still in high school. My legal guardian said I could not and I was wondering if this is true.
        The age of majority in Arkansas is 18. The fact that you have not yet graduated high school is not relevant to making that determination - it is based on the age only according to the law. Once you have turned 18 in May, at that point, you can legally choose where and with whom you wish you live.

The only exception here is if you are considered mentally or physically incapacitated, in which case the courts may require that you have a guardian to care for you. If this doesn't apply to you, then legally speaking, at age 18, you may no longer even HAVE a legal guardian, since as an adult, you would be legally responsible for your own actions - including the decision of where you wish to live.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X