USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage Trouble -- His ex doesn't care that she affected our credit report.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Trouble -- His ex doesn't care that she affected our credit report.

Hi there!
    I hope you can help me. I am at my wits end. My husband was married before and they had a house together. My husband was nice enought to give her the house. So in the divorce it says that she is responsible for the payments. My husband signed a Quit Claim Deed on the house, so he has no rights to the house. My husband had a crappy lawyer, who didn't inform him that his ex needed to refinance the loan into her name as well. So 9 years later we are still trying to get my husband's name off the mortgage. She was in default back in 98 that went almost to foreclosure, and then she was in default in December and January payments. So we hired a lawyer, and he said she was in contempt and that we could make her "purge" either sell the house or refinance. We showed harm to our credit, by providing the credit report; but somehow she came up with two payments to get the mortgage current and brought a piece of paper stating so. Because it took so long to get to court, of course she had time to make it current; and therefore we lost. There has to be something we can do. His ex doesn't care that she affected our credit report. She has been late many times over the years. Please help! There has to be some way around this. She will never refinance the house into her name. Why should she? Also, she doesn't have a job, and God only knows how she is paying her mortgage. She really hasn't had a steady job in over 9 years. Please help!!

Thanks so much!
    Wits end

re: Mortgage Trouble -- His ex doesn't care that she affected our credit report.

See marital debts: http://www.worldlaw.eu/article/1560

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X