Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on rights of stay at home dads

My situation is kind of unique..My wife and I have been married for 14 years..when we got married it was decided that I would be the parent that stays home and is responsible for the primary care of our 2 kids. My wife's career has grown exponentially since then while I have been required to care for our kids, and pay for child care a few days a week so that I could go out to work on my own company. She has for 14 years forbidden me any access to the funds that she has earned, and constantly berates me for not being a more successful in business. I still want my marriage to work but I need to know what my rights are as to equal and unfettered access to all family funds regardless of who earned them. I'm tired of living off 40k a year including paying for my sons private school, groceries, and a bunch of other bills while she hoards away the vast majority of a high 6 figure income..any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: question on rights of stay at home dads

If you divorce you will get approx. half of those assets normally; perhaps you should try to come to some agreement now.

Comment

I am not a lawyer, just another writer with a similar problem except I am a part time stay at home Mom in the same situation and I too want to stay married. If you are entitled to half the marital assets in the event of a divorce by virtue of having been married then surely the spouse should reasonably expect to at least have access to half the household assets during the marriage as well. Is there no legal fallback except divorce?

Comment

If you want to see all the money you first have to grow a pair and say" look bee otch, either you show it to me know or you will owe it to me tomorow, how do you want it?" Ask if she has heard of alimony. Then tell her to sit her azz at home and watch the kids while you and the boys go slam back a couple of cold ones. If she still want show you use your pimp hand to set her straight. Remember......."Rule of thumb"

Comment

hmmm...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X