Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigrant married to us military/divorce

if i have married someone overseas while in the military and brought spouse back to US and after 5 years of marriage and 3 children, will spouse be deported after a certain amount of time without becoming US citizen and can spouse take kids back to home country?

Re: immigrant married to us military/divorce

You do need to have applied for a change of status--have immigration counsel help you to get all papers filed etc. You need to do that.

Comment

That's just it. What are the laws on this sort of situation? I want my kids to stay but I want the spouse to leave and she wants to leave back for her home country.

Comment

My problem has a similarity from yours...I'm an Asian originally from Phillipines whose currently residing in South Korea. I'm married to an American, i met him here in Korea and got married. Unfortunately, he needed to go back to U.S. permanently and i was being left here cuz i didn't have a us visa then. It has been almost 2 years since he left here and many things happened. Our relationship changed. And 1 day i recieved a letter from us embassy for my interview. But that time me and my husband were already agreed to get divorce.My question is: Will i still able to use my US immigrant visa after we get divorce? 2nd: If i get married again in states and come back here in Korea where he stationed, will my immigrant still valid or i have to re-doit all the visa thing? pls advice.thank you

Comment

You can still possibly proceed if the marriage was valid at the time...but it will be more difficult now unfortunately--you should have counsel involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X