not happy with daughters schooling....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not happy with daughters schooling....

Hi Everyone,

I am lookoing for a little advice. My ex wife has custody of our 5 year old daughter. We share Joint Legal Custody. Paige (my daughter) will be 6 years old in May. My ex wife enrolled PAige in Kindergarten in Sept of 2006. In October of 2006 PAige started missing a lot of school. Between Oct. 8, 2006 to Jan. 8, 2007 she missed 26 1/2 days. When I found out that she had been missing so much I contacted her school, they informed me that she would ne failing kindergarten this year because of the excessive absenses. I called Kelly to find out what was going on, Kelly said that she did not have a car to take Paige to school because her husband takes their only car to work. Kelly lives in a trailer park approx 1 mile from. After learning that Paige would be failinf Kelly pulled her from the school and said that she was going to home school her. We live in Michigan and in Michigan Home School law says that a parent can home school without registering as long as they teach the same subjects as a public school would. I am think for taking her to court because PAige has been out of school since pretty much a month after school started. Kelly has not gotten her any curriculam to work on she is just making up sheets of work for her to do. I told Kelly that i did not want Paige to be home schooled. There was no reason that I can find that she can't attend the pucblic school. I have checked out the school and they are a good school and the teacher that Paige had; has atleast 15 years of experiance. I have tried to talk to Kelly about this but she will not listen, She just keeps saying things like, I just think she is too stupid to teach her and that Paige is her daughter and she has the right to home school her. I understand that Michigan Law says that she can home school her. What I would like to know is if I have Joint Legal Custody, does that give me the right to have say in how my daughter is schooled. I just want to make sure that I within my rights. I don't want to get in front of the Judge and have him say that I am stupid for tryin to stop her or something. Thank you for your time. Any help that you can give me will be greatly appericated.

Thor Starlin

Re: not happy with daughters schooling....

Yes it does and if you two cannot agree then it can go back to the judge.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X