USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I only allowed alimony based on what husband's pension used to be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I only allowed alimony based on what husband's pension used to be?

I have a separation agreement stating that I will continue to receive alimony after my huband's retirement, he has taken his pension from cp rail 14 months ago at which time he stated that because I had received half of his pension when we separated eleven years ago, I only get a percentage of what is pension was worth at the time of our separation as alimony. Hence his alimony payments to me for the last year has been in the amount of $425.oo a month instead of the $ 2,100,00 I was getting previously, his pension is about $ 4,000 A MONTH. He has not made an amendment trough the court and has ignored my letter stating that this amount was unacceptable. I am near bankrupcy.
    Is he right when he states that I am only allowed alimony based on what his pension used to be at the time of our separation and am I entitled to the defaulted money for the past thirteen months seeing he did not make an amendment trough the courts?
    Thank you so much

re: Am I only allowed alimony based on what husband's pension used to be?

Yes--the court order still applies and he has to go to court to change it if he thinks a change is due legally. File in court for contempt if need be.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X