USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adult children (legal way to remove my drug addict son from home)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adult children (legal way to remove my drug addict son from home)

But sometime you just have to draw the line. It's your call of course.

Comment

Is there's a chance to send him to rehab? I'm not sure whether it's better to use police force or not, but I think seeking professional help is completely fine in this situation and it'd be better for both of you. Some hard drugs can be really harmful: https://addictionresource.com/drugs/krokodil/ So you might want to help him when there's still time.

Comment

It's not always an easy thing to do I know from experience.

Comment

Especially with covid-19 as an excuse for everybody to do nothing or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethanturkel View Post

Is there's a chance to send him to rehab? I'm not sure whether it's better to use police force or not, but I think seeking professional help is completely fine in this situation and it'd be better for both of you. Some hard drugs can be really harmful: https://addictionresource.com/drugs/krokodil/ So you might want to help him when there's still time.
            Yes but in my experience it can be expensive if you dont have insurance of some type.
            And state aid is quite limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Is there a legal way that I can have my 30 year old drug addict son removed from my home. He will not leave on his own.

When you are dealing with a drug addict child living in your home, the situation may be more complex, as you have emotional attachments to him. It is best to consult an attorney or legal professional about how to remove a drug addict out of your house legally. Legal professionals know the laws in their area and will provide you with the steps you need to evict your son successfully. They may also inform you about the risks related to eviction and how to avoid them. When your child is no longer a minor, you do not have to provide for their needs. If they have displayed disruptive or violent behavior and may display such harmful behavior in the future, you may have grounds for eviction.

Comment

See my previous post in this discussion. I still feel the same.

Comment

Drug addicts usually don't like courts, so you can just change the locks IMO.

Comment

Well the police will let him back in while you ALL wait for court.

I would say eviction is best if you can't make your own adult kid leave.

Comment

If your son is a drug addict, then you need to be more calm with him and try to help him instead of kicking him out, you piece of an idiot. For example, pay attention to Blessed CBD oils, which can help him get off drugs smoothly, but effectively and forever.

Comment

I fully support the commentator above.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Is there a legal way that I can have my 30 year old drug addict son removed from my home. He will not leave on his own.
                          I feel your pain, been there myself!!

Comment

There's No help in this site to remove a drug addict 26 year old son from our family home. Don't waste time here.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                              Drug addicts usually don't like courts, so you can just change the locks IMO.
                              That's the only way if he will not leave. Been there myself.

Comment

Regrettably I had to do such an eviction for my adult child, it wasn't pleasant, but frankly the law just doesn't cut you a break and there's really no other way to get them out if you simply cannot get them out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X