X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdraw divorce petition?

I just filed for divorce last week in georgia
    I want to withdraw the petition. Can I request a dismissal & have it stopped since i am the plantiff?

Re: Withdraw divorce petition?

Yes. You can.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you can withdraw the divorce petition at any time before the judge declares for your divorce. In this you will have to make an application to withdraw your divorce petition to court. Now in case the other party objects then the court will decide after having views of both the parties. However, if the other party does not object then the divorce proceedings can be withdrawn.

AFF

Comment

Not necessarily true. You can withdraw, regardless of whether the defendant agrees to it or not. It will then be up to the person who was the original defendant to file as the plaintiff, to begin the divorce proceedings once again.

For instance, if you, as the plaintiff, filed for divorce, and then withdrew the complaint, the defendant cannot contest it. It is withdrawn. If the defendant wishes to go through with the divorce, he/she must file as the plaintiff. If the defendant wants the divorce, but the plaintiff doesn't, withdrawing the petition will not stop the defendant from going forward, as the plaintiff, with the divorce.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X