USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

As an unwed mother, you will have, by default, sole custody of the child.

He can fight for custody/visitation, but if you do not put his name on the birth certificate (he would have to consent and acknowledge the child is his to do that anyway) he will have an uphill battle proving to the court the child is his. The court may grant a paternity test if he chooses to fight for custody.

You can leave the state you reside in if you wish. As it stand, he has no legal right to the child. You do.

You do not have to file for sole custody, you already have it by law as an unwed mother.

Comment

re: I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You wonder why he left, lol. Eventually You will take resposibility for remembering that you were there when you got pregnant. A woman has to say yes before any of this can ever happen. The guys are just dumb enough to take the cake. Adam and Eve over and over again. Please make a pill that we guys can take like women and watch how fast pregnancies drop. I bet AS FAST AS OUR STOCK MARKET DOES.
      Ever heard of a condom? That's your birth control pill. A condom is effective and does not cause a plethora of potentially deadly health problems that birth control pills cause.

Pregnancies would drop if BOTH partners practiced, with a bit more diligence, safe sex. You are the sole person responsible for you. Regardless of what a woman tells you about her birth control measures, it is up to a man to make absolute certain he does not impregnate a woman he does not wish to have children with or marry.

Comment

Re: I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

My son is 2 1/2, I have not filed for his birth certificate yet. His bio fathers name is not documented on any of his papers. He does not want any part of his life, has agreed, upon the witness of a notary, to sign any rights over. My question is, if I do not put my sons bio dads name on the birth cert, but have the man who has fathered him since he was one (not my husband) sign it, what troubles will/could I face in the future? With bio dad signing over any possible rights, and not being on the birth certificate, can he one day come back and take me to court?

Comment

Your talking about fraud! Tha tis a criminal act not only that Bio Dad can file a civil suit on you for this as well.

Comment

Young lady, you have asked this question multiple times on this forum. You received an answer. Please refer to your other posts for answers. It is not necessary to post a question multiple times. Once will suffice.

It's curious. Your other posts only mention that he already signed an affidavit but did not have it notarized. Now you are saying he's willing to sign in front of a notary.

Comment

If the two divorce, and she decides that your pocket is just as good as any, yes, she can initiate child support. Of course, it would have to be legally determined that you are, indeed, the father. I would say no to any DNA test. You cannot be forced to submit to one.

Since she is married, he is the legal father since they both agreed to list him as the father on the birth certificate.

You can try to have her sign a document stating what you've suggested here, but she is under no obligation to agree to or sign it. It would have to be notarized for it to have much merit.

At this point, she has merely suggested the child COULD be yours. It has not been determines as fact. It was asked if there is any possibility the child could actually be yours, but you didn't answer that. So, the best course of action, if you do not wish to acknowledge whether the child is yours, and do not want to be hit with child support at any time in the future, to avoid contact with the mother and refuse her claims that you could be the father, and of course, do not submit to a paternity test. The father in this scenario has taken on the legal obligation of being the child's father. He is probably unaware there is even another possible father that exists.
              Im pretty sure that at least in most states,if not all ,if the women is pregnant the husband has to be put on the birth certificate its not a decision they make the law makes it for them.. I also seriously doubt that you can refuse a court ordered DNA test.. some very bad advice on here

Comment

How does the mother actively prectice alienation? My daughter's father moved to florida when I was 3 months pregnant, she is now 7 months old and I haven't seen/heard from him and I didn't put him on the certificate. I will tell you this, I will ACTIVELY make his life miserable in any way I can if given the oppurtunity. Too many men do this and it's not fair.
                Evil women practice alienation all the time. My husband has two kids he never gets to see, and his ex did everything in her power to turn his kids against him. For years his kids only wanted to see him if he was buying them something, that is sad! If he wanted to just spend time with them, that wasnt good enough in their eyes, and his ex made sure she always told them that wasnt good enough. It has been years and he hasnt been able to see the kids. I'm very sorry if you have a high opinion of the court system, but we do not! Every time we try to go to get things changed, the court makes my husband out to be a low life. They usually just up our child support, but nothing else changes. Many men may be low lifes, but not every man is! My husbands ex is remarried, but will he adopt the kids? nope, they just want to get money, and not have us apart of ANYTHING! We would gladly give up his rights (which we dont seem to have anyways) and stop being finacially responsible for these kids that want no part of my husband. The system is really messed up, and they dont really care.

Comment

I just lost my only son who I raised with out any help from his mom he was 22 it hurts like hell but I still would do it again

Comment

hey my wife pregnant n wont quit doin drugs. so if she killn my kid do i have n e legal right a a parent to waive my rights its not my choice that she killin my child i dnt wanna b apart of eithers life is there ne thing can do get outa this???

Comment

how does one sign over parental rights. i am married and had got another girl pregnant. she never told me she was expecting and al of a sudden i get papers telling to take a test by the state of ct. the test came back positive. about 10 men had to be tested. like i said i never knew untill 4 months after the birth. i never saw it or want anything to do with this child. i would of helped abort it if i was givin the notice of it. now i must pay. but i want to sign over my right to this child. what are my steps in doing so? i know i have to pay but i also know i can sign my rights over but what are the steps? the girl doesnt even have the child. dcyf has already stpped in and taken it from her and placed it with a family member.
                      Your post is a prime example of what happens when (1) one has sex outside of marriage, (2) without protection. Sorry,but I can't give you any consolation. Your tryst produced a child. You are the biological father whether you like it or not. It's not the child's fault that you were; married and, secondly, want nothing to do with it. Since the state has gotten involved, they will collect support from you -- something the child is entitled to, whether the child is living with the mother or family member. The child needs food, clothing, housing, etc.

The only feasible way for you to be relieved of support is for the child to be adopted. Barring another family adopting the child, you will remain obligated for support.

Comment

be brave

Comment

I am a married mother of three one with specil needs but my husband is having a harder time day after day with accepting not only my special needs child but eveyday life and the responsibilities of having three children ansd a wife I suspect hm of having an affair and I only want to protect my cildren particuarly my special needs one from having to be around other women and teir families as thbey would not have the needed love and patience for it. It would be devastaing to them how can I take his rights in a divorce if he won't give them up?

Comment

I am a married mother of three one with specil needs but my husband is having a harder time day after day with accepting not only my special needs child but eveyday life and the responsibilities of having three children ansd a wife I suspect hm of having an affair and I only want to protect my cildren particuarly my special needs one from having to be around other women and teir families as thbey would not have the needed love and patience for it. It would be devastaing to them how can I take his rights in a divorce if he won't give them up?
                            You can't "take his rights".

You have no idea what capacity other people have to special needs children. Your feelings are coming from jealousy, insecurity and anger. It's understandable considering the circumstances, but it's not good to use your children like that.

Comment

You can't "take his rights".

You have no idea what capacity other people have to special needs children. Yourh feelings are coming from jealousy, insecurity and anger. It's understandable considering the circumstances, but it's not good to use your children like that.
                              not using them protecting them the situation would be bad for them regardless but there is no way they could ever thrive with a father who isnt in one hundred percent much less if he is distracted with a woman whi isnt capable of loving and accepting them unconditionaly it could only get worse and worse

Comment

not using them protecting them the situation would be bad for them regardless but there is no way they could ever thrive with a father who isnt in one hundred percent much less if he is distracted with a woman whi isnt capable of loving and accepting them unconditionaly it could only get worse and worse
                                the doors for abuse and neglect just fly open when third parties get involved no single person on earth is so genuinely good hearted as to love and accept someone elses child particuarly a special needs one not wholly at least

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X