USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

how does one sign over parental rights. i am married and had got another girl pregnant. she never told me she was expecting and al of a sudden i get papers telling to take a test by the state of ct. the test came back positive. about 10 men had to be tested. like i said i never knew untill 4 months after the birth. i never saw it or want anything to do with this child. i would of helped abort it if i was givin the notice of it. now i must pay. but i want to sign over my right to this child. what are my steps in doing so? i know i have to pay but i also know i can sign my rights over but what are the steps? the girl doesnt even have the child. dcyf has already stpped in and taken it from her and placed it with a family member.

re: I got another girl pregnant... How to give up parental rights?

You normally cannot do so unless another parent adopts the child.

Comment

My kids father is in and out of their lives on a regular. He does this thing I call VOOG (visit out of guilt), that's when he visit after feeling guilty about not seeing the kids as he should. I have ask him to give up his parental rights because he does not pay his child support nor does he help take care of the kids. He has said it would not be a problem to sign over his rights and I'm needing to know how do I get the process started.

Comment

he can agree not to see them but it is not binding if he changes his mind; a new father has to adopt them normally to end his rights and obligations 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          how does one sign over parentl rights. i am married and had got another girl pregnant. she never told me she was expecting and al of a sudden i get papers telling to take a test by the state of ct. the test came back positive. about 10 men had to be tested. like i said i never knew untill 4 months after the birth. i never saw it or want anything to do with this child. i would of helped abort it if i was givin the notice of it. now i must pay. but i want to sign over my right to this child. what are my steps in doing so? i know i have to pay but i also know i can sign my rights over but what are the steps? the girl doesnt even have the child. dcyf has already stpped in and taken it from her and placed it with a family member.
          you cannot sign over your rights to get out of your obligation to support the child. it doesnt happen that way. the girl would need to be married at least a year, and her husband willing to adopt. next time, think about that before you have unprotected sex with someone else besides your wife, you WILL be supporting this child wether you want to or not.

Comment

how to give up parental rights

HOW CAN MY DAUGTHER'S FATHER GIVE UP PARENTAL RIGHTS? I WAS 16 YEARS OLD WHEN I HAD HER AND HE NEVER HELPED WITH ANY THING. TWO YEARS AGO I PUT HIM ON CHILD SUPPORT AND NOW A YEAR LATER HE CALLS ME SAYING HE IS NOT GOING TO PAY FOR A LITTEL GIRL THAT HE DOESN'T SEE AT ALL. HE NEVER WANTED ANY THING TO DO WITH HER AND NOW HE TELL ME THAT HE IS GOING TO BRING TO COURT. I TOLD HIM THAT IF HE GIVE UP PARENTAL RIGHTS TO ME THAN I WOULD TAKE HIM OFF CHILD SUPPORT WHICH I WILL. I MEAN HE IS A REAL BAD FATHER AND HE ONLY SEEN HER ABOUT TEN TIMES. I AM REALLY TRIED OF THIS AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS FOR HIM TO SIGN OVER HIS PARENTAL RIGHTS AND I NEED TO KNOW THE STEPS TO DO SO...THANK YOU SO MUCH

Comment

HOW CAN MY DAUGTHER'S FATHER GIVE UP PARENTAL RIGHTS? I WAS 16 YEARS OLD WHEN I HAD HER AND HE NEVER HELPED WITH ANY THING. TWO YEARS AGO I PUT HIM ON CHILD SUPPORT AND NOW A YEAR LATER HE CALLS ME SAYING HE IS NOT GOING TO PAY FOR A LITTEL GIRL THAT HE DOESN'T SEE AT ALL. HE NEVER WANTED ANY THING TO DO WITH HER AND NOW HE TELL ME THAT HE IS GOING TO BRING TO COURT. I TOLD HIM THAT IF HE GIVE UP PARENTAL RIGHTS TO ME THAN I WOULD TAKE HIM OFF CHILD SUPPORT WHICH I WILL. I MEAN HE IS A REAL BAD FATHER AND HE ONLY SEEN HER ABOUT TEN TIMES. I AM REALLY TRIED OF THIS AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS FOR HIM TO SIGN OVER HIS PARENTAL RIGHTS AND I NEED TO KNOW THE STEPS TO DO SO...THANK YOU SO MUCH
              What state, or country are you in?

Are you married and if so, is your husband willing to adopt?

Comment

I am in the same situation except my son isn't born yet. The father broke up with me when I was two months pregnant. I am trying to figure out how to start the process of him giving up his rights to the baby, as he isn't a good role model for a child and has nothing to do with this one.

Comment

I am in the same situation except my son isn't born yet. The father broke up with me when I was two months pregnant. I am trying to figure out how to start the process of him giving up his rights to the baby, as he isn't a good role model for a child and has nothing to do with this one.
                  Easy just dont let him sign the birth certificate.

Comment

That answer above is partly true, but does not stop him from requesting visitation when he decides--if he ever does.

Comment

A court may very well find that to be an attempt to exclude the father from the child's life, and in response award the father GREATER parental rights.

Comment

That is part true if you tell the people you do not know who the father is. In my case he never signed the birth certificate, but since I know my daughter's father and if I wanted my husband to adopt my daughter, paternity still has to be established. My baby father left when my daughter was 9 months old and I haven't seen him since. She talked to him over the years by phone but I put an end to that along time ago. She is now 8 and she know my husband as her father. I never told her bad things about him. I filed for child support and they dismissed my case but that is ok she doesn't want for anything. Her father has never done anything for her so i consider him dead to me. I will let her make her own decisions about him when she is ready.

Comment

you cn not contest him being on the birth certificate if he takes you to court you can only then build your case to get legl custody and he may get access rights unless proven otherwise

Comment

He can still get any and all rights even if he is not on the birth cert., if he goes to court.

Comment

I wonder what the courts do in cases where woman practice parent alienation and actively work to make the other parent's life miserable, and actively works to dis include the father in the child's life, and where the father has no financial capacity for a lawyer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X