Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rights do I have?

My fiance left me 3 days after our baby was born. I put his name on the birth certificate and our son took his last name. Only because I had no idea he was going to leave me. Now he just shows up every once in a while to see the baby when it is convenient for him, which is maybe twice or three times a week maybe for 15 min. or an hour. So I need where I stand because with him acting like this as of right now he can just come get our son whenever he wants to and I have no say so. It is hardly fair that I am taking care of our son and he can just come and go as he pleases. How can I become the sole custodial parent so he has to go through me before he can do anything with our son the day he decides he wants to be a part of his life?

Re: What rights do I have?

You can refuse the visits and ask that a court date be set asap to establish a visitation schedule--and to determine child support payment amounts that he must pay.

Comment

A word of advice: Don't agree to "reasonable access upon reasonable notice" get visitation times solidified.

You'll save yourself a world of grief.

Comment

but

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You can refuse the visits and ask that a court date be set asap to establish a visitation schedule--and to determine child support payment amounts that he must pay.
        once he gets an order for visitation, you will no longer be allowed to dictate when and for how long he gets to see the child. not unless you want to be the ncp instead of the cp. the court makes that decision, not you.

Comment

You signed his name on certificate ,yea he has rights is he paying u child he can and u can get A lawyer if he is ordered to pay child support through court and he does he will have rights unless u have or can get proof he's unfit ?Get a lawyer contact department of human services and child support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X