No announcement yet.

Surrendering parental rights (DCFS matter)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Surrendering parental rights (DCFS matter)

    I am involved in a DCFS matter. I have no family in the state that I reside in, I am trying to sign temporary rights over to a family member. The problem that I am having, is that DCFS doesn't want to move a child out of state. I know that is has been done before, but how do I go about getting my child placed with a family member that resides out of state? Can I just sign temporary rights over to her, or do I need to surrender my rights to her?

  • #2
    If they are involved and oppose it, you may need to have a hearing and get a judge to sign the order allowing it.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.