Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Venue in a child custody case

I feel the court is judging the case unfairly. What could be some reasons for changing venue in a child custody case? Father has custody and has been place in foster care and is now back with presumed father. He lives in Oakland and Mother lives in Fairfield however, the case is being heard in San Francisco.

It is not easy to get done. A conflict of interest with another case, fraud, personal relations with one party and a judge etc.--it takes those kinds of issues normally.

Comment

Re: Change of Venue in a child custody case

I have two cases in the same court with the same judge. One case is a recission of paternity and the other is for visitation of the same child filed both by the father.

Neither one of us live in the county the cases are being heard in. I was wondering if I should ask for a change of venue at the recission hearing Friday...four days before the visitation hearing.

Comment

Re: Change of Venue in a child custody case

You can, unless that court already has had that family law case previously.

In that situation the court would have to agree otherwise it normally will keep jurisdiction

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X