No announcement yet.

Department of Children and Families

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Department of Children and Families

    My husband and I were in the middle of a divorce and decided to reconcile. Before the divorce started my in-laws called DCF on me and they started an investigation. Now that my husband and I have reconciled we have been discussing moving to Kentucky to live with my parents to start over in a new place. DCF said if we leave the state they would put out an amber alert and take our son. Is this legal? We are not a threat to our son. We signed up for voluntary services to take advantage of the counseling they had to offer, and we have been extremely cooperative throughout the entire investigation. We really need to know soon because I told my boss I was leaving and was let go from my job and my husband is currently unemployed, and we are prepared to leave now. I just want to know what we lagally have the right to do. They are threatening to take my son and that is the last thing I would ever want to happen in the world. If they have the right to do such a thing I wont go, but if they are lying I would like to know, it wouldnt be the first time they have lied to me about my rights.

    Melbourne, Florida

  • #2
    The judge in the divorce case can issue an order allowing you to leave. DCF will have to contest it if they disagree.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.