Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My child spanked and hit by another person in front of me

Recently my son who is 6 years old was hit and physically abused in front of me . He is a very active kid and does behave very badly sometimes . But does that mean someone else has the right to punish him ? That too by hitting him hard ?? That too in front of me when he could have politely requested my intervention ? Can you let me know if there can be any legal action taken on the person ? Kindly help ASAP

Re: My child spanked and hit by another person in front of me

I wish to inform you that as other party had hit you child thus other party may have violated criminal law. In this action of other party will be seen keeping in view circumstances present at that time of use of force. You may report matter to law enforcement agencies regarding physical force used against your child. Section 350 of IPC provides about use of force against consent of a person. Hence other party may be held liable for violation of Section 350 if other party had used force to cause fear in your child and use of force was not required.

AFF

Comment

Sounds like your son rec'd what he needed and you are an overindulgent parent. If you feel a crime was committed report it to the police.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

That is absolutely not legal. No other person has the right to spank or beat your child. That person will be charged with a crime if you report to the police. No stranger can intervene and be slapping or beating your child.

Comment

Originally posted by Flintofred View Post
          Recently my son who is 6 years old was hit and physically abused in front of me . He is a very active kid and does behave very badly sometimes . But does that mean someone else has the right to punish him ? That too by hitting him hard ?? That too in front of me when he could have politely requested my intervention ? Can you let me know if there can be any legal action taken on the person ? Kindly help ASAP
          Why on earth do you think you have to be "asked" to control your unruly child?

I'm not going to jump to conclusions without the full story so notch back the dramatic hyperbole and answer the following:

Where did this happen?
          What was your son doing that precipitated the punishment?
          Who is the person that punished him? Friend? Relative? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? His non-custodial parent? Stranger?
          And exactly how was the punishment administered? One slap on the bottom? Several punches to the face? Something in between? Be specific.

Comment

This is a clear case of physical abuse to your kid. Physical abuse to children includes burning, hitting, punching, shaking, kicking, beating and other means of harm to children. So the person who hit your kid hardly has committed a crime as well as a child abuse. You should forward a complaint to the police alleging the commission of the incident in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
              Why on earth do you think you have to be "asked" to control your unruly child?

I'm not going to jump to conclusions without the full story so notch back the dramatic hyperbole and answer the following:

Where did this happen?
              What was your son doing that precipitated the punishment?
              Who is the person that punished him? Friend? Relative? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? His non-custodial parent? Stranger?
              And exactly how was the punishment administered? One slap on the bottom? Several punches to the face? Something in between? Be specific.
              The issue is not about being asked to control an unruly child, it's about a stranger or non-parent hitting the child. And that is NOT allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by onda View Post
                The issue is not about being asked to control an unruly child, it's about a stranger or non-parent hitting the child. And that is NOT allowed.
                I agree with what he says

Comment

You all are jumping to the conclusion that a criminal offense occurred without knowing all the facts.

Section 350 might apply if we knew all the circumstances but it might not apply if those circumstances fall under other sections of the IPC.

One in particular is Section 95.

Act causing slight harm.--Nothing is an offence by reason that it causes, or that it is intended to cause, or that it is known to be likely to cause, any harm, if that harm is so slight that no person of ordinary sense and temper would complain of such harm.

If a stranger came along and smacked the unruly kid with little or no harm then there would be no criminal charge.

You all need to be aware that people often post complaints on these websites that are couched in terms designed to evoke sympathy and often results in advice that turns out to be erroneous when all of the facts are known.

Until the poster returns and reveals all the facts, none of us is in a position to conclude that a criminal act occurred.

Comment

EVERY person would complaint of their child being hit.

So I doubt a section 95 type exception exists.

Comment

I tend to agree I must admit.
                      I would not let somebody spank my child, and if they did there would be consequences.

Comment

I think it is completely unacceptable that a person hits somebody else's child!!

And illegal!

Comment

Originally posted by Galan View Post
                          I think it is completely unacceptable that a person hits somebody else's child!!

And illegal!
                          Then you haven't seen the snotty little brats running around my neighborhood!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X