Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my ex boyfiriend get charges dropped

Hi, I am 16 and my ex boyfriend who is 18 came after me and physically assaulted me as I was sober but he was very intoxicated and full of rage towards me. He has been charged with assault and even though this was witnessed by a large group, I am scared he will find a way to get the charges dropped. He has a lot of friends standing up for him since he is such a "nice guy". He even joked about it at school. My principal will not make him leave school or stay away from school events for my safety. He was out partying this weekend while I stayed in afraid that I would run into him. I am going to talk to someone at the victim assistance program. What else can I do to make sure this charge sticks. If he owned up to the fact that he has an anger issue especially when he was drunk, maybe I would feel better but he still doesn't think he did anything wrong

Re: can my ex boyfiriend get charges dropped

I wish to inform you that your medical evidence may be very important in this. As you have been injured therefore you will have medical evidence of your injury. Further you can talk to person present that they must give evidence in court so that offence can be easily proved.

AFF

Comment

I don't have medical evidence. He threw me into a table and then gave my friend the black eye and then proceeded to come after me and my other friends had to hide me in a closet while his friends grabbed him and threw him out. My friend had the black eye and had it xrayed so I guess she has medical evidence and her occurance report is part of my evidence. It took me four days to get up the courage to charge him. There are a lot of people saying he should be forgiven because he is nice guy and was just drunk. The more I watch him walk around like he has done nothing wrong, the more I want him to be found guilty because he is and I don't think he has learned anything.

Comment

He had such rage in his eyes. I am worried about what will happen if he drinks again and sees me. He was hitting people trying to get to me when my friends put me in the closet. It was crazy. I didn't do anything wrong and now I feel like everyone is protecting him. Not me!

Comment

Originally posted by not a nice guy View Post
          He had such rage in his eyes. I am worried about what will happen if he drinks again and sees me. He was hitting people trying to get to me when my friends put me in the closet. It was crazy. I didn't do anything wrong and now I feel like everyone is protecting him. Not me!
          There are 2 sides to every story. In this one it appears many of them are not sympathetic to yours. You are free to attempt to obtain a restraining order, if you feel threatened.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

You can get an order of protection, for starters. To stay away from you, based upon the incident.

Talk with the Crown Counsel who will be prosecuting the case, see what Counsel wants from you as a witness -- what evidence they have and need. Your friends that put you in the closet should also be willing to testify.

The order of protection you can get without charge, the law court should be able to provide you the forms and instructions. Also, there should be a victims advocate with the Crown Counsel office able to help you prepare the restraining order. A call to your local domestic violence center would be a wise step for you as well for they can help you get the restraining order, as well.

The order of protection is civil. However, with that order, should he come anywhere near you, he can be picked up by law enforcement and taken straight to jail.

The Crown will be bringing criminal charges and your role is to be available to provide them whatever information you have including the names and contact numbers of witnesses. In court, eventually the truth comes out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X