Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this legal? Mother's boyfriend kick me out of the house locking the doors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal? Mother's boyfriend kick me out of the house locking the doors...

i am 18 years old pregnant still in school and living with my mother. her boyfriend is verbal abusive, he tries to kick me out of the house locking the doors and always saying very harsh things to me. while he is on probation he is still drinking. his locking the doors has forced me to stay with my neighbors because i can't get in the house.

re: Is this legal? Mother's boyfriend kick me out of the house locking the doors...

In your case you can inform the police about the incidents. In this there is an offence of assault when a person threatens you. Further, you can contact the Human Rights Office of your area. In Human Rights you can plead about the inhuman treatment being given to you at your home. Further, for protection of yourself if at any time you feel threatened of any injury against you you can contact police. You can also file a civil suit for compensation of harassment done to you.

AFF

Comment

Re: Is this legal? Mother's boyfriend kick me out of the house locking the doors...

The first step is to report him to his probation officer. The second is to contact Child Welfare and tell them of your living situation and what is transpiring with the boyfriend, It is criminal and appalling that your mother allows this moron's atrocious behavior.

No, it is absolutely NOT legal for him to do anything of the sort. He has no rights whatsoever in this situation. He has no right to even try to parent you.

The next time he kicks you out and locks the doors, call the police. He cannot kick you out of a home you live in. Is the house his? Even if it is, he still cannot lock you out. He would have to force evict you through legal channels, aka the courts.

CALL HIS PROBATION OFFICER, and if you can get proof of his drinking, perhaps pictures or video, all the better. The probation officer will be very interested in knowing he's violating his probation and seeing any proof you have of his violations.

Please ignore affa's advice. As usual, it is way off track and useless.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X