Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedophile father and visitation

I'm desperate for help. My ex, who was just released from prison on felony charges of rape of a minor, incest of a minor etc.... done all to my daughter (his step daughter). I fought for termination of his parental rights to our two children together and lost. I'm afraid to post all the details, however, if anyone out there can offer sound knowledgeable advice on how I can proceed to appeal this decision, I'm willing to listen. I've been fighting this, and him for 5 years. I thought this would be it and we could move on with our lives...and now this. As I said, I'm desperate for help in this. Please....any info you have would be greatly appreciated. I won't stop fighting for my kids.

Comment

You are not fighting for your mutual kids. There is not a reason to terminate parental rights. In fact, now that he is out of prison he should start providing support for them. It is unlikely a court would allow visitation or shared custody.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I'm desperate for help. My ex, who was just released from prison on felony charges of rape of a minor, incest of a minor etc.... done all to my daughter (his step daughter). I fought for termination of his parental rights to our two children together and lost. I'm afraid to post all the details, however, if anyone out there can offer sound knowledgeable advice on how I can proceed to appeal this decision, I'm willing to listen. I've been fighting this, and him for 5 years. I thought this would be it and we could move on with our lives...and now this. As I said, I'm desperate for help in this. Please....any info you have would be greatly appreciated. I won't stop fighting for my kids.
        The issue you had was with YOUR daughter, not your mutual children. (How old was your daughter when this occurred?)

Just because he was a threat to YOUR child doesn't automatically make him a danger to the children you had together. The ONLY way to successfully terminate his parental rights is to prove that he poses the same danger to your mutual children as he did with your daughter. Do you know what motivated him to do what he did to your daughter? How old was your daughter when this happened? What are the ages and genders of the two children you had together?

You may well have to face the possibility that you will have this man involved in CHILDRENS' lives until they are old enough to make the choice themselves.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

How right you are, my daughter has a nine year old that the stepfather molested, since there is no physical evidence and 9 year olds can't testify the police won't prosecute as if they do and lose , they can't try him again. DCf advised her to file no contact with the 4 yr old that is his biological child and it was denied. Dcf is closing case because he didn't do anything to their son and since he got an attorney his attorney advised him not to speak to the police they also are dropping.I want someone to tell me how the children are protected, DCF claims after their investigation they know he molested her and yet feel it's ok he has contact with the son. It makes me sick, my daughter is pushing back. She went to see legal aid attorney who was mad and claims dcf could do something but they are too lazy but legal aid can't help- again since no physical evidence. So he can continue to molest because a child can't testify. Trust me my daughter didn't want to think he could do something like that but the child was to detailed in what happened. Sick... I'm so sick about this. We are in process of getting an attorney to fight and will not stop until their is justice for that precious child.

Comment

Seems like these cases are never easy to prove and many say that it's very easy to accuse based on almost nothing. I don't know what is truly the best to do in this kind of situation.
            Set up video surveillance all over the home, yard, and neighborhood?

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post

You are not fighting for your mutual kids. There is not a reason to terminate parental rights. In fact, now that he is out of prison he should start providing support for them. It is unlikely a court would allow visitation or shared custody.
              Yeah I agree--that has been my experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X