Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perjury and intent to committ fraud

I am currently in the process of a divorce from a marriage in Florida, which we have been separated a total of 6 times at my request. My soon to be ex stated she has severe back injuries. I was involved with her obtaining an attorney for disability and have first hand knowledge that the attorney told her not to get a job over 20 hours or she would lose her disability chances, so she filed as indigent stating she could not work. She worked fulltime during the course of the marriage and promptly quit saying she was being harassed. I began to place her things by previous arrangements outside my garage door letting her know it was there to come pickup. The driveway is visable from the street and out in the open to public viewing. I video taped her loading her car with A/C units and heavy bins lifting them from her back and not her knees with no indication of pain or discomfort. There is no audio. Can this be used during the hearing proving she committed perjury a and intent to defraud me,as she is doing with the Federal Government?

Re: perjury and intent to committ fraud

Originally posted by gregpaz View Post
    I am currently in the process of a divorce from a marriage in Florida, which we have been separated a total of 6 times at my request. My soon to be ex stated she has severe back injuries. I was involved with her obtaining an attorney for disability and have first hand knowledge that the attorney told her not to get a job over 20 hours or she would lose her disability chances, so she filed as indigent stating she could not work. She worked fulltime during the course of the marriage and promptly quit saying she was being harassed. I began to place her things by previous arrangements outside my garage door letting her know it was there to come pickup. The driveway is visable from the street and out in the open to public viewing. I video taped her loading her car with A/C units and heavy bins lifting them from her back and not her knees with no indication of pain or discomfort. There is no audio. Can this be used during the hearing proving she committed perjury a and intent to defraud me,as she is doing with the Federal Government?
    Yes, you can provide the video (with no audio) to the proper authorities to use as evidence of her false claims of back injuries so severe that she is unable to work.

As for fraud against YOU, what fraud would that be? Is she claiming that the items were missing? Does the video show her removing the items that she is claiming are missing?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

She is seeking temporary spousal support based upon the claims, even though the marriage only lasted 3 years, with 6 separations due to domestic violence on her behalf, noted by 2 professional marriage counselors in addition to infedility!

Comment

She is seeking temporary spousal support based upon the claims, even though the marriage only lasted 3 years, with 6 separations due to domestic violence on her behalf, noted by 2 professional marriage counselors in addition to infedility!
        IF she tries to claim that her disability somehow entitles her to spousal support, then you can present the evidence to show that she is perfectly capable of working. She is unlikely to be charged with fraud, but it will almost certainly destroy any credibility she has with the judge in your case.

The separations due to DV and infidelity have nothing to do with the issue of spousal support.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

You can report it to the SSA. Gather as much information about the fraud as you can. Include the facts surrounding the fraud so that the Social Security Administration has plenty of information to investigate and determine if fraud took place. Contact the Social Security Administration. Perjury charges, however, are rarely prosecuted, since a conviction in Florida requires incriminating testimony or evidence from at least two sources. Seek help from an expert lawyer.

Comment

I am guessing the papers she submitted, which she states "she can not work due to severe back problems" should be considered perjury because she is lying based upon the videos. As stated earlier, she was lifting window A/C units, in addition to heavy bins with her back and not her knees, with no indication of pain or discomfort. Are the documents we submit to the courts based upon truth when signed? And if known false information or statements are given, is it not perjury?

Comment

I am guessing the papers she submitted, which she states "she can not work due to severe back problems" should be considered perjury because she is lying based upon the videos. As stated earlier, she was lifting window A/C units, in addition to heavy bins with her back and not her knees, with no indication of pain or discomfort. Are the documents we submit to the courts based upon truth when signed? And if known false information or statements are given, is it not perjury?
              Trying to answer your post and replies in one, yes, you can report her to the Social Security Administration -- along with the photographic evidence you have that she is, in fact, able bodied. She is committing a fraud upon the Social Security Administration (the people of the United States) who are paying her for not working when she is fully able.

This evidence, of course, is material to your defense to her claim for separate maintenance. The marriage to begin with is too brief to be considered for spousal support in FLorida, anyway.

Comment

The funny thing is she states she will probably not be awarded disability anyway, so it doesn't matter. Yet, SSI specifically states that even if you are denied benefits and never received any payments, if fraud is committed, they can prosecute with penalties of $10,000, 15 years incarceration, or both!

I just want to thank all that have responded. Your input is greatly appreciated! At least I have some idea of what needs to be done! It has been a hellacious 3 years which is finally coming to an end allowing me to gain back some of my sanity and peace!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X