Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about waiting periods for filing in Pennsylvania

My spouse and I are in agreement for getting a divorce and custody of our children. I haven't started the filing process yet. When I do, we both plan on signing the affidavit of consent so we both don't need to appear in court. There is a 90 waiting period before the divorce is finalized by a judge.

Is there an additional waiting period or any waiting period at all from the time he is served and when we can both sign our affidavits?

If it helps, to be more specific am I correct with the following: I serve my spouse, we wait 90 days, we file our affidavits of consent, we wait another 90 days, the judge signs our decree and then we are divorced?

or

I serve my spouse, we sign the affidavits of consent, we wait 90 days, the judge signs our decree and then we are divorced?

Re: question about waiting periods for filing in Pennsylvania

I wish to inform you that in Pennsylvania generally court require a 90 days waiting period. In this regard generally 90 days is the only waiting period and then court may take between a week and a month to process the final paperwork and issue your divorce decree.

AFF

Comment

Re: question about waiting periods for filing in Pennsylvania

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
      I wish to inform you that in Pennsylvania generally court require a 90 days waiting period. In this regard generally 90 days is the only waiting period and then court may take between a week and a month to process the final paperwork and issue your divorce decree.

AFF

but once he served do we have to wait 90 days to file the affidavit of consent?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X