X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEGAL DOC to give up rights for MONEY

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is some kind of legal document or form me and my husband could fill out which would make me from that day onward not eligible to any of his money? We are married but I dont want to get divorced yet he neither but he is receiving redundancy in two months and he doesnt want me to be eligible for it (neither do I ) is here a way we could ourselves create some kind of legal document (contract) between us which would work 100% so he would not have to worry I will want his money?Please please help its very important!!! Thank you Johana

Re: LEGAL DOC to give up rights for MONEY

I wish to inform you that a personal agreement can be created between parties. In this regard if you intend to have an agreement in which both party will not be able to claim from each others financial resources then that agreement can be made between parties preferably on a written document. Further all concerned person who may assume a joint liability of your along with your spouse can be informed about this fact to avoid any future disputes.

AFF

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I would like to ask further question in regards to the document. Does it have to be some form which is draft with lawyer or is it something we could do ourselves and if so how please??Thanks so much for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by zparkly View Post
        Hi,

I would like to ask if there is some kind of legal document or form me and my husband could fill out which would make me from that day onward not eligible to any of his money? We are married but I dont want to get divorced yet he neither but he is receiving redundancy in two months and he doesnt want me to be eligible for it (neither do I ) is here a way we could ourselves create some kind of legal document (contract) between us which would work 100% so he would not have to worry I will want his money?Please please help its very important!!! Thank you Johana
        Yes, you two can draft a financial agreement between yourselves and the courts will give it credence -- as long as it is not an unfair agreement. Agreements made during the course of a marriage are not looked upon as arms lengths agreements as pre nuptuals would -- and even then for a valid pre nuptual each party must have the advantage of their own solicitor.

There is no such form for the type of contract you want to make for it abrogates the very foundation of marriage. You two may be the only ones in your town -- if not country -- who want to make such an agreement.

Comment

Thank you!

So so far i think it looks like I will have to have a solicitor to draft a conent order because it unfortunaltelly seems that you have to have a solicior for that and then you just send it to the court.. Hopefully it will work!!

Comment

Originally posted by zparkly View Post
            Thank you!

So so far i think it looks like I will have to have a solicitor to draft a conent order because it unfortunaltelly seems that you have to have a solicior for that and then you just send it to the court.. Hopefully it will work!!
            Seeing a solicitor would be of great value. The solicitor may recommend that ethics require EACH party have their own before drafting such a document.

Even then, a court may choose to invalidate it or not recognize it if there ever is a divorce for being unfair, unconscionable to one of the parties.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X