USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Support and visitation advice - We moved from NY to GA

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Support and visitation advice - We moved from NY to GA

    Georgia- My Ex gave birth to our beautiful baby boy almost 3 years ago, We moved from NY to GA so she could go to grad school. we were together for six years and i moved from everyone I know to be down here for her. After our son was born her mother pretty much moved into our home and after about a year things really went south in the relationship. we were never married but he has my name and I signed the petition at birth.After we split she took me straight for child support in witch case I have not missed 1 payment in the 2 years ive been ordered.she would always threaten me that I have no rights and she wasnt going to allow me in his life whenever we were angry with each other. long story short now that shes met someone she hasn't allowed me to see or contact him in over a year now. Im all alone in this state and by the time my bills are paid and support is taken out there is no money left. I ve been trying anything I can think of to get a relation back with my son, I miss him so much, but It's impossible to save the 3,000 dollar retainer most lawyers want to go to court. I lost everything in the break up and am working so hard to rebuild my life and I just don't know what to do anymore, Is there any other way to get visitation rights for my son? I have never been in trouble with the law or arrested hold a steady job, I just dont think its right that she can make this decision and take his father from him.

  • #2
    re: Support and visitation advice - We moved from NY to GA

    I wish to inform you that you can file in court for child custody or visitation. In this you can self represent yourself. Court considers best interest of child as main consideration. In this regard generally you may argue that it is in best interest of child that both the parent must take care of child. You may file a petition for child custody or visitation in which you may mention all details including reasons why you should be allowed to meet with child. Further if you have sole child custody or joint child custody then your liability towards child support can be reduced accordingly.



    • #3
      re: Support and visitation advice - We moved from NY to GA

      Thank you so much for your fast response I have thought of this and was told by many people that it can sometimes backfire if you don't have all the documents needed for the case available for the judge, also she has lots of money to fight back with and although I'm not a stupid man, I'm unsure how I would compare to a high priced lawyer. Where can I obtain the documents needed to proceed with this.


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.