USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce petition... I don't want to wait any longer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NADYAMARTINEZ
    replied
    Re: Divorce petition... I don't want to wait any longer.

When they gave me the petition papers it said not to file if wehad children and had temporary orders and Im afraid to mess up.

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

Originally posted by NADYAMARTINEZ View Post
    The file is not for devorce yet because we did the child custody paperwork first and those are the papers I am waiting for since I was told I needed a permanent child custody order to be able to file for divorce.
    People file for divorce every day with custody to be determined temporary, pending the final decree.

Who told you this? And what was the legal rationale?

Leave a comment:

• NADYAMARTINEZ
    replied

The file is not for devorce yet because we did the child custody paperwork first and those are the papers I am waiting for since I was told I needed a permanent child custody order to be able to file for divorce.

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

Originally posted by NADYAMARTINEZ View Post
    According to the lawyer the unsigned order is already at court waiting to be signed but it's been more than a month already.
    Your lawyer can move the court (the judge) to sign the order. It is a simple procedure to bring the matter to the judge's attention.

If your petition was filed for divorce and you have been separated for more than a year, as you have, the matter should proceed fairly quickly now.

Leave a comment:

• NADYAMARTINEZ
    replied

According to the lawyer the unsigned order is already at court waiting to be signed but it's been more than a month already.

Leave a comment:

• AFFA
    replied
    re: Divorce petition... I don't want to wait any longer.

I wish to inform you that you can give a letter in writing to court to have the ordered signed by judge. In this regard child custody orders from court can then be followed up by you. Letter will give you evidence in riting that you have demanded signed copy of court order. Generally the court order must be signed and if you have been given any unsigned order then you can request court to have the order signed.

AFF

Leave a comment:

• Divorce petition... I don't want to wait any longer.

I want to file for divorce but I am still waiting for child custody papers to be signed by the judge, in the divorce petition states that I need the order case number and date which I don't have except for the temporary ones but those are previous since the last time we went we had a permanent order but it is not signed. I am not sure what to do since I have been separated for well over 3 years and don't want to wait any longer.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X