Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife of newborn leaving husband to another state

I am the paternal grandmother of a newborn . The mother is always threatening with the children to get my son to do what she wants. Can a mother of a newborn who is married to the father of the child up and leave him here in Texas with the newborn baby to Kansas?

Re: wife of newborn leaving husband to another state

Originally posted by worried grandma View Post
    I am the paternal grandmother of a newborn . The mother is always threatening with the children to get my son to do what she wants. Can a mother of a newborn who is married to the father of the child up and leave him here in Texas with the newborn baby to Kansas?
    Not without being ordered to return with the child. Abandoning one's spouse is one thing. But taking a child from the other parent is parental kidnapping and there is remedy at law for that.

She sounds very immature. At the very least they need some marriage counseling and/or intervention and support from family members she will listen to.

Should she take off with the infant to another state,your son can file a petition in court to have her returned to Texas with the child.

Comment

Re: wife of newborn leaving husband to another state

I wish to inform you that the mother of the new born child may not leave along with the child from Texas to Kansas without the consent of the father or the approval of the court. If she does, it may amount to parental child kidnapping and your son may file a petition in the local Family Court in Texas for the child to be brought back.

AFF.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X