X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, need advice about fake annulment papers

Hello All
    I really need some advice on my marriage to my Filipina wife !!!
    Two years ago I met my wife of today on a forum, we chatted for several weeks and then things moved on at speed, to cut a long story short we both decided after meeting each other several times that we wanted to get married. I was married and also she was, she lives in the Philippines and her previous husband was from the us also living in the Philippines they had separated 3 years previous and he lives with his girl friend. She went to see a lawyer who told her no problem it would cost ??£2,500 pounds, so i sent the money to her to pay for annulment. In the meantime i had received my decree absolute declaring my marriage over. My girlfriend received her finality papers around the same time in the Philippines. We then got all the relevant documents together and took them to the british embassy in Manila and received clearance to get married by them issuing local CNI certificate. We got married the next day .
    Since then her ex found out she had re married and went to the NSO office in Manila to get a copy of the annulment where he found it was a fake document. He has been e-mailing me and my Wife !!! with threats to go to the uk embassy and immigration to get me into serious trouble unless we get the annulment sorted out properly, which me and my wife believed was.
    My wife rang her lawyer and he admitted he had cut corners during her annulment and he would sort these problems out. And get the proper document sorted from the NSO showing Annulled on previous marriage.
    Which is being dealt with at this moment.
    Now my questions...
    If her ex goes to uk embassy and immigration will i be able to travel to the Philippines? Will i be put in jail for this? And is our marriage legal as we have certificate from NSO showing this?

many thx in advance

NSO national statistics office )

re: Help, need advice about fake annulment papers

The NSO should have issued a Certificate of No Marriage Certificate for her to present to the British Embassy. How was this obtained?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Help, need advice about fake annulment papers

from the NSO i have been told

Comment

Originally posted by barbasher View Post
        Hello All
        I really need some advice on my marriage to my Filipina wife !!!
        Two years ago I met my wife of today on a forum, we chatted for several weeks and then things moved on at speed, to cut a long story short we both decided after meeting each other several times that we wanted to get married. I was married and also she was, she lives in the Philippines and her previous husband was from the us also living in the Philippines they had separated 3 years previous and he lives with his girl friend. She went to see a lawyer who told her no problem it would cost ??£2,500 pounds, so i sent the money to her to pay for annulment. In the meantime i had received my decree absolute declaring my marriage over. My girlfriend received her finality papers around the same time in the Philippines. We then got all the relevant documents together and took them to the british embassy in Manila and received clearance to get married by them issuing local CNI certificate. We got married the next day .
        Since then her ex found out she had re married and went to the NSO office in Manila to get a copy of the annulment where he found it was a fake document. He has been e-mailing me and my Wife !!! with threats to go to the uk embassy and immigration to get me into serious trouble unless we get the annulment sorted out properly, which me and my wife believed was.
        My wife rang her lawyer and he admitted he had cut corners during her annulment and he would sort these problems out. And get the proper document sorted from the NSO showing Annulled on previous marriage.
        Which is being dealt with at this moment.
        Now my questions...
        If her ex goes to uk embassy and immigration will i be able to travel to the Philippines? Will i be put in jail for this? And is our marriage legal as we have certificate from NSO showing this?

many thx in advance

NSO national statistics office )
        I'm curious as to what grounds this attorney used to allegedly obtain the annulment. I know that divorce is not permitted in the Philippines, and annulment is very difficult to obtain except under VERY limited circumstances:

Art. 45 of The Family Code of the Philippines states 6 grounds by which the court can annul a marriage.

The grounds for annulment of marriage are:

1. Absence of Parental Consent. A marriage was solemnized and one or the other party was eighteen (18) years of age or over but below twenty-one (21) and consent was not given by the parents, guardian or person having substitute parental authority. The Petition of Annulment must be filed within five (5) years of having attained the age twenty-one. However, if the parties freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife after having reached the age of twenty-one (21) a Petition of Annulment can no longer be filed.

2. Mental Illness. One or the either party was of unsound mind at the moment of the marriage. But if the parties freely cohabited with each other after he or she came to reason the law prohibits the filing of a Petition.

3. Fraud. That the consent of either party was obtained by fraud, unless such party once having knowledge of the fraud freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife. The petition must be filed within five (5) of finding out the facts of the fraud.

4. That the consent of either party was obtained by force, intimidation or undue influence. Except when the same has ceased and the party filing the petition freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife. The injured party must file within five (5) years from the point in time the force, intimidation or undue influence disappeared or came to an end.

5. One or the other party was physically incapable of consummating the marriage, and such incapacity continues and appears to be incurable. The filing of the Petition of Annulment must be filed within five (5) years after the marriage.

6. Either party was at the time of marriage afflicted with a sexually-transmitted-disease (STD) found to be serious and seems to be incurable. This may also constitute fraud. The filing of the Petition of Annulment must be filed within five (5) years after the marriage.
        SEPARATION: being separated from your spouse with or without communication is not grounds for annulment. It does not matter how many years you are separated. There is no law that annuls or voids a marriage automatically. Only a judge in a court of law can annul, void or nullify a marriage.

INFIDELITY is not grounds for annulment.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Originally posted by barbasher View Post
          from the NSO i have been told
          You have been told!!! Why were you not there to obtain it and present it to the Embassy?
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I was present when my wife presented her papers at the embassy. They were taken away and checked before CNI local was issued, so if they could not spot fake document how could I !!!!

Comment

That happened last year.. its 2014 now i just want to know what happen to the case?... i guess u cant be charge for marrying the filipina because u are unaware if the annulment is not legal or a fake one. Yes no divorce here but thers a recognition of divorce to be file in case her x divorced her....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X