Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the court order my husband to pay funds to me during the divorce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the court order my husband to pay funds to me during the divorce?

Arizona

Will a court in AZ normally order my husband to pay funds to me during the divorce because we cannot live together and I have not worked in 15 years and have no funds of my own.

I need some funds to get the transition going but there is no way my husband will do that voluntarily. This is a planning nightmare for me.

I was divorced in Arizona and I have no idea what "normally" is. 😉

If you need temporary support, you file a written petition with the court asking for it and giving good cause as to why you need it.

Then it's up to the judge to decide.

The following is a link to forms and instructions from Maricopa County Superior Court for temporary orders. If you are outside of Maricopa County your own family court's website may have comparable resources. If not, you can modify the forms for your own court.

https://superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/S...rs+with+notice

Study carefully.

Perhaps consult an attorney. Depending on your circumstances you might get able to get attorney fees paid by your spouse. No guarantees there.

Comment

Originally posted by Platinum5 View Post
      Arizona

Will a court in AZ normally order my husband to pay funds to me during the divorce because we cannot live together and I have not worked in 15 years and have no funds of my own.

I need some funds to get the transition going but there is no way my husband will do that voluntarily. This is a planning nightmare for me.
      I think you will get some. At least for initial. Better to consult with an expert.

Comment

I did get a lawyer and we filed and my husband agreed to a temporary stipend. Without even having court.
        Thank you all!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)