Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be done about a forced (under emotional & financial duress from 3 1/2 yr divorce) personal property agreement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be done about a forced (under emotional & financial duress from 3 1/2 yr divorce) personal property agreement?

What can be done about a forced (under emotional & financial duress from 3 1/2 yr divorce) personal property agreement? The Judge would not consider forensic evidence in my favor and when I asked why she wasn't considering it (keep in mind I wanted only half of the assets in a 31 yr marriage) the Judge said to me (off the record) "Pigs Get Far and Hogs Get Slaughtered!" I was forced to agree to giving my husband over $300,000 that I didn't owe. There is no order by the Judge for this from this hearing . I sent a text to my attorney right after the hearing and 2 emails asking him why he made me agree to it and I wasn't in agreement to it. The Judge also knows I am not in agreement to it. Many other highly unethical things have happened related to this which is why I am not in agreement to it. Since the agreement, I found my husband has an account that he used to pay his attorney that was never disclosed and wasn't part of the forensic analysis. My attorney admitted to the Judge he saw a check for $5,000 to his attorney.

Sorry, you weren't forced. Nobody put a gun to your head. You might have been under pressure but you could have said no and stuck by it. Then, if the judge made the decision for you, you might have had grounds for an appeal if he didn't get it right.

All I suggest is that you get a different attorney and have your proceedings and your decree reviewed to see if there is even a remote possibility of fixing things.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)