Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce outside USA - California

I am a US citizen and I live outside the USA (Thailand.) I want to divorce my spouse who lives in California. How can I do this?

Re: Divorce outside USA - California

If you are living in another country, and aren't just vacationing, you can generally file only in the state in which your spouse lives, and only if he or she meets that state's residency requirements. Prepare a divorce petition. Many states require divorce petitions to be filed with additional documents, such as a financial statement or proposed parenting plan. If your state requires these documents to be filed at the same time as the petition, include these as well. Sign and verify the petition. Include the filing fee. Your county may or may not accept filings by mail. If it does not, you will need to hire someone, probably an attorney, to deliver and file the petition with the court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X