Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married in the India, now in the UK need divorce

We were married about 5 yrs ago. It has been a rocky road and she has been very hard to live with. I have tried. We have an infant son. Both are UK citizens. I can't continue anymore. She is psychotic and irrational. If I divorce her in the UK, and my parents live in India, can she or her family harass them in any way? That is my only concern. I do not have to go back to India, but at the same time I do not want my parents to get dragged into a legal mess.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Married in the India, now in the UK need divorce

I wish to inform you that if you live in UK and the divorce proceedings are in UK and as both of you are citizens of UK then your parents living in India and being Indian citizens may not be harassed. You may report to the court authorities about the harassment being meted out to you by your spouse and seek a restraining order after which you can file for divorce. However, if your parents have apprehension of arrest in India then they may seek anticipatory bail from the court. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Re: Married in the India, now in the UK need divorce

Originally posted by des1rees View Post
      We were married about 5 yrs ago. It has been a rocky road and she has been very hard to live with. I have tried. We have an infant son. Both are UK citizens. I can't continue anymore. She is psychotic and irrational. If I divorce her in the UK, and my parents live in India, can she or her family harass them in any way? That is my only concern. I do not have to go back to India, but at the same time I do not want my parents to get dragged into a legal mess.

Thanks for any help.
      If you file for divorce in the UK, there is no way your parents, residing in India would be part of the proceedings. UK process. even if she tried to file something, would have no effect in India.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X