Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alienation of affection... I don't want him to get off scott free

I have allowed my husband to get his belongings with no problems but I feel that he alienated my affections. He constantly lies to me telling me that he loves me and misses me but he only texes. When he had nothing I paid for insurance for him out of my paycheck and paid the bills when he didn't have a job. He did not show me any affection for over a month. I tried to love him but he did not love him back. He claimed that he could not deal with my daughter but he married me not my daughter and I was willing to make a change for him to make my marriage work and he constantly lies. He got a job next to where I work and told everyone that he was leaving me but did not tell me, he is very immature to be 50. I know that I can't make anyone love me but he embarrassed me and hurt me because I continued to love him. He lies and texeds me that he loves me and misses me but he will not answer my phone calls, and when he did he lied. He treated me bad emotionally almost the whole 9 months of marriage and I still loved him and tried to make it work. He alienateed my affections for over a month of leaving me. I did nothing to deserve this and I want to make him pay because I was blindsised by his actions. I don't want him to get off scott free for what he is doing to me. This is my second marriage and I told him that I did not want to marry again I wanted to be married forever and he agreed now he has changed his ways because of selfishness. This man was out of a job for about a year and received unemployment and only gave me a small portion of his unemployment, while I worked everyday to support us. This is alienation of affection and he needs to pay.

re: Alienation of affection... I don't want him to get off scott free

This is not technically alienation of affection nor is it actionable. Did you have a question?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

re: Alienation of affection... I don't want him to get off scott free

Originally posted by mizzjackson View Post
      I have allowed my husband to get his belongings with no problems but I feel that he alienated my affections. He constantly lies to me telling me that he loves me and misses me but he only texes. When he had nothing I paid for insurance for him out of my paycheck and paid the bills when he didn't have a job. He did not show me any affection for over a month. I tried to love him but he did not love him back. He claimed that he could not deal with my daughter but he married me not my daughter and I was willing to make a change for him to make my marriage work and he constantly lies. He got a job next to where I work and told everyone that he was leaving me but did not tell me, he is very immature to be 50. I know that I can't make anyone love me but he embarrassed me and hurt me because I continued to love him. He lies and texeds me that he loves me and misses me but he will not answer my phone calls, and when he did he lied. He treated me bad emotionally almost the whole 9 months of marriage and I still loved him and tried to make it work. He alienateed my affections for over a month of leaving me. I did nothing to deserve this and I want to make him pay because I was blindsised by his actions. I don't want him to get off scott free for what he is doing to me. This is my second marriage and I told him that I did not want to marry again I wanted to be married forever and he agreed now he has changed his ways because of selfishness. This man was out of a job for about a year and received unemployment and only gave me a small portion of his unemployment, while I worked everyday to support us. This is alienation of affection and he needs to pay.
      As much as you want revenge (and yes, that is what you want), you're NOT going to get it by trying to file some bogus "alienation of affection" claim. Alienation of affections is when there is a third party alleged to be responsible for the failure of the marriage. There is no third party in this mess that convinced him to desert you, and you can't sue your spouse for this.

You're upset, and perhaps you have a right to be. But trying to make him PAY, in terms of dollars and cents, for the breakdown of your marriage isn't the solution. And unfortunately, most states have no-fault divorce laws, so a spouse who basically deserts their marriage isn't going to be forced to give up more money or assets in the marriage simply because they may have caused the breakdown that led to the divorce action.

I suggest that you seek counseling to help you deal with the hurt and anger you are feeling, because if you keep lashing out like that and holding onto those feelings, it will be personally devastating to you - in terms of disappointment and your inability to enter into a healthy relationship ever again.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X